Login to Canvas
Randolph School uses Canvas as its main academic digital communication tool. Students, teachers, and parents can find assignment and assessment information, course content, a messaging system, and both school and extracurricular announcements and events. Parents can use Canvas to communicate with their child’s teacher or coach.
Over the summer, new families receive their Canvas account information from the Information Services Department. Student course information will available in August. Current families can use the “Forgot password?” link to reset their passwords.
The School recommends that on receiving their Canvas credentials, all parents login to set up their notification preferences. Based on these setting, Canvas will send you the information you want via your preferred mode of communication.Parent Notification Settings
1. Set your preferred notification methods. You may set up one or more email addresses, SMS (texting) addresses, or Twitter handles. This must be done on the Canvas website.
2. Set your notification preferences. The most essential notifications are those informing you of new announcements and message (or conversations). We recommend that you set your notification preferences to receive notifications of new announcements and messages immediately (ASAP) via email. You may also consider receiving announcement notifications ASAP via SMS. In addition, we recommend a daily email summarizing invitations. We highly recommend that you disable all other notifications completely and rely on the assignments calendar and course pages to receive course-specific information. All other notifications, including assignments, are not relevant, given the way we use Canvas. This may be done on the Canvas website or via the app.
To adjust these settings on the Canvas website, select “Account,” and then click “Notifications”; on the app, tap your profile photo, then “Settings.” You may also want to view this short video on notifications. Course Pages
• You can navigate to your child’s course pages through the “Courses” link on the top navigation bar. You will see links to a selection of courses and can view the remaining course through the “View All or Customize” link.
• On the My Courses page, you may click the star next to an individual course to add it to your Courses menu for quick access.
• Each academic teacher has flexibility in course design, but should have assignments and a syllabus and/or course expectations published. Please reach out to individual teachers if you have questions about their use of Canvas.
For technical assistance with Canvas, please contact Mary Sanders or Deb Brink, email@example.com